Three men were wounded in a shooting in the Bronx Friday night, police said.
The shooting comes one day after Mayor Eric Adams announced the deployment of 1,000 extra cops to the troubled borough, which saw five murders in six days, plus several more people wounded in separate shootings across the Bronx.
Gunfire broke out Friday just before 9 p.m. at E. Fordham Rd. and Marion Ave. in Fordham. Two men were shot in their legs and a third man’s head was grazed by a bullet, according to police.
Medics transported the victims to area hospitals where all three are in stable condition, police said.
So far there have been no arrests as police continue to investigate.
Last Saturday, a mass shooting erupted inside a Bronx park during a basketball tournament that left one man dead, a teen girl clinging to life and three others injured. More than 60 bullets were fired at about 7:25 p.m. at Haffen Park in Baychester, striking Jaceil Banks, 32, in the chest and Anthonaya Campbell, 17, in the head.
Medics rushed both victims to Jacobi Medical Center, where Banks died and Campbell remains in critical condition with a bullet lodged behind her eye.
Police arrested four suspects in that shooting. Two of them are minors.
The Bronx has seen more shootings so far this year than Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island combined. About a third of all murders in the city this year — 69 out of 206 — happened in the Bronx.
Despite the violence, the Bronx has seen a 19% drop in shootings so far this year compared to last year, down to 178 versus 220 people hit by gunfire by the end of August.
Originally Published: