Boy, 13, arrested in NYCHA shooting where teen was wounded



A 13-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with a shooting at a Brooklyn NYCHA complex where another 13-year-old boy was wounded, cops said Saturday.

The teen was grabbed by police a few hours after the 2:40 p.m. shooting inside the Seth Low Houses, on Belmont Ave. near Christopher Ave. in Brownsville.

Cops charged the teen with gun possession and reckless endangerment. His name was not released due to his age.

Bullets flew in the stairwell between the building’s eighth and ninth floors, police sources said. During the barrage, the 13-year-old victim was hit in both hands and his right thigh. He also suffered a graze wound to the knee.

Despite being repeatedly hit, the victim hobbled “down to the lobby and collapsed,” a law enforcement source told the Daily News.

EMS rushed the child to Brookdale University Hospital where he was treated and is expected to survive.

The teen’s winter coat was spotted in the lobby Friday night. No blood was visible in the stairway or the lobby. Multiple neighbors on the eighth and ninth floors told The News they did not hear any gunfire.

Two males in all black were seen fleeing the building at the time of the shooting. It was not immediately disclosed if the teen arrested was one of those two people, nor was it clear if the 13-year-old suspect was the triggerman.

The 13-year-old wounded was one of two teens hit by bullets in Brooklyn within a six-hour span on Friday.

In an unrelated incident around 8 p.m., cops were called to New York Ave. and Newkirk Ave. in East Flatbush where a 16-year-old was shot in the stomach.

EMS rushed the teen to Kings County Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.

No arrests had been made.

Responding officers found a van with two bullet holes in the windshield near the scene, as well as spent shell casings.

Cops were scouring the area for surveillance footage that can help them identify the shooter.

As of last Sunday, shootings in the city were down by 17% this year, from 70 this time last year to 58.

The NYPD said 2025 was the city’s safest year since the department began keeping modern-day crime stats in 1994, with a 20% drop in homicides and a 24% drop in shootings.



Source link

Related Posts