Devon Walker knows his departure from “Saturday Night Live” is no laughing matter.
But the comedian, 34, also wants fans to understand it’s nothing to fret over.
Ahead of the sketch comedy show’s 51st season, it’s been revealed that four cast members won’t be returning — and there’s likely more to come.
Walker, Emil Wakim, Michael Longfellow and Heidi Gardner’s departures have all been confirmed.
After news broke, fans took to social media to react to the shakeup.
One viewer wrote about Walker and Longfellow on X: “ohhh my boys @internetdevon @Longfellowww i wish you both nothing but the best.”
Walker reposted the comment and responded, “yall acting like we died lol we just getting different jobs.”
The funnyman first spoke out about his “SNL” exit in an Instagram post on Aug. 25.
Walker shared a selfie in front of a screen that said “Saturday Night Live,” a text message he wrote that read “I’m out” with a celebratory emoji, a picture of himself on the sketch comedy set and a shot of Joe Biden stomping the ground.
Walker also included a personal note.
“To me, jobs in this industry feel like a bunch of little marriages,” he penned. “Some of em last for a long time if we’re lucky, but most of them are fleeting. Permanent until they’re not. That’s the deal. You know what it is it when you sign up.”
“Me and the show did three years together, and sometimes it was really cool. Sometimes it was toxic as hell,” Walker continued. “But we did what we made the most of what it was, even amidst all of the dysfunction. We made a f–ked up lil family.”
“More than anything, I’m just really happy I got to do it with Gary and Alex. N—– really went from running a bar show to working together at 30 rock! It’s a beautiful thing. Also I look caked up in that picture and I feel like it’s important for people to know what I got going on.”
“Anyway, I’m bout to go to Japan. When I get back I’m tryna be in a prestige drama. Ideally something with Julianne Moore. Hope y’all staying hydrated and getting some money today,” concluded the “SNL” alum.
He captioned the post, “me and baby broke up ❤️.”
Wakim, 27, announced his exit this week after appearing on the series last season.
“I won’t be returning to snl next year,” he said in an Instagram post published Wednesday. “It was a gut punch of a call to get but i’m so grateful for my time there.”
Wakim added that he is still thankful that Loren Michaels took “a chance on me and changing my life.”
“I was so lucky to bring some of myself in there and say things i believed in and i’m excited for whatever chapter comes next,” the comedian concluded. “Here’s to making more art without compromise.”
On Thursday, Longfellow published a farewell message to social media.
“Will not be returning for a 4th season at SNL. Wish I was but, so it goes. It was the best three years of my life so far. I feel nothing but gratitude for the experience and everyone there. Lorne, you gave me the greatest job in the world and changed my life. You even put my mom on TV. Thank you doesnt begin to cover it, but thank you,” he began.
“I’ll miss it all, but I’ll miss the friends I made and seeing them everyday the most,” Longfellow concluded in part.
The television star noted he is “excited” for what’s to come.
Gardner, 42, meanwhile, is the latest cast member to exit the NBC sketch show, The Post can confirm.
The actress held the title of longest-tenured woman on the show as of last season. She first joined during Season 43 before being promoted to the main cast in 2019.
Gardner has yet to address her exit.
Michaels, 80, previously hinted at major cast changes ahead of the show’s upcoming Season 51 premiere on Oct. 4.
“Yeah, for sure,” the creator said about feeling “pressure to reinvent this season,” adding, “It’ll be announced in a week or so.”