Marius Borg Hoiby, son of Norway’s crown princess, to face trial for rape charges



The son of Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit is set to face trial in early 2026 after his indictment last week following a lengthy investigation.

Marius Borg Høiby, Mette-Marit’s eldest son born before her marriage to the heir apparent to the Norwegian throne, Crown Prince Haakon, was slapped with multiple charges, including rape and domestic abuse.

The 28-year-old, who has no royal title or official duties, faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. He has denied the most serious allegations.

Marius Borg Høiby is set to face trial in early 2026 after his indictment last week following a lengthy investigation. AP

Defense lawyer Ellen Holager Andenæs confirmed to Norwegian newspaper VG that court proceedings will begin on Feb. 3, 2026.

The trial is expected to run until March 14, 2026, according to local outlet Nettavisen.

Høiby faces charges relating to 32 separate alleged offenses, which allegedly took place between 2018 and 2024.

Charges include four counts of rape, domestic violence, making threats, secretly recording women without their consent and making death threats. Less serious charges include traffic violations.

Marius Borg Høiby is Mette-Marit’s eldest son born before her marriage to the heir apparent to the Norwegian throne, Crown Prince Haakon. UK Press via Getty Images

Following the indictment, defense attorney Petar Sekulic said his “client denies all charges of sexual abuse, as well as the majority of the charges regarding violence.”

Høiby, who is free pending trial, “will present a detailed account of his version of events before the court,” he added.


Follow The Post’s royal family live blog for the latest pics, news, exclusive details and more


Elsewhere, Norway’s palace spokesperson, Sara Svanemyr, said in a statement that “it is up to the courts to hear this case and to reach a decision.”

The 28-year-old, who has no royal title or official duties, faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. He has denied the most serious allegations. NTB/AFP via Getty Images

The trial’s timing early next year coincides with a period of high visibility for the Norwegian royals, as King Harald V, 88, announced plans to scale back his duties and have his son Crown Prince Haakon — who is Høiby’s stepfather — assume a more prominent role.

Until recently, Høiby resided with his mom and the heir apparent and his two stepsiblings, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, 21, and Prince Sverre Magnus, 19.

He now lives in a different house nearby, his defense attorney said.

The three were raised together by Mette-Marit and Haakon, although Høiby has no official royal duties.

Until recently, Høiby resided with his mom and the heir apparent and his two stepsiblings, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, 21, and Prince Sverre Magnus, 19. AFP via Getty Images

While Høiby, who was previously known as “Little Marius,” had the same immense wealth and privileges as his half-siblings, he previously admitted to cocaine use and addiction.

His biological father, Morton Borg, served time in prison for drugs and violent offenses.



Source link

Related Posts