Prince Harry is set to meet with his estranged father, King Charles, in the coming weeks, marking their first in-person reunion in a whopping 20 months, according to a report.
The Duke of Sussex, 40, will be jetting to the UK in early September for the annual WellChild Awards, and will meet up with the monarch, 76, during his time on home soil, the Mirror reports.
And while insiders claim that a royal reconciliation is “within reach,” Prince William has seemingly rejected his brother’s invitation “out of hand.”
“Nobody is pretending the wider family issues have been resolved, but this is about beginning with Charles and Harry,” a source told the outlet, adding that there is “determination on both sides to make this happen.”
“For the first time in a long time, there’s a genuine sense that reconciliation is within reach,” the insider went on.
“Prince Harry’s team and the Palace have opened a line of communication, and there is every hope that father and son will see one another when the Duke returns to London in September.”
The palace insider said there is a “feeling the time is right” to mend bridges — especially after the “Spare” author’s press team was seen meeting up with the monarch’s communications secretary for a top-secret meeting in London in July.
While exact details remain under wraps, insiders claim the estranged father-son duo will have a “simple face-to-face conversation” rather than a “grand gesture or set-piece meeting.”
“Privacy and dignity” have reportedly been highlighted as priorities, though sources note that the Prince of Wales had “rejected” his brother’s olive branch.
The Post has reached out to reps for Harry, Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace for comment.
The September meet-up may put the Charles in a tricky position as he’s set to welcome President Donald Trump at Windsor Castle for his upcoming state visit on September 17.
It’s understood that Harry will be flying solo as his wife Meghan Markle — who has not set foot in the UK since Sept. 2022 — will remain in Montecito, Calif., with their two children, Archie, 6, and Lilibet, 4.
Follow The Post’s royal family live blog for the latest pics, news, exclusive details and more
While it’s a step in the right direction, the cancer-stricken monarch’s lack of bond with Archie and Lilibet is said to have caused him great sorrow.
The last time Charles saw Archie and Lilibet was in June 2022, when the Sussexes returned for the late Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations. At the time, Archie was just 3 years old, while Lilibet was one.
Harry previously insisted that having his family join him on future trips to the UK was simply not an option without “full police protection” — for which he lost his appeal earlier this year.
In the same interview, the Invictus Games founder told the BBC that he would “love a reconciliation” with his estranged father, though he claimed the king “won’t speak” to him.
“There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family,” he said in May.
“I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point continuing to fight anymore, life is precious,” Harry said, adding that he has since “forgiven” them for their many “disagreements.”